Time for Techno! When preparing this mix, I was looking for a certain style. Not too hard, but also not too soft, with a strong beat and some nice percussions. My working title was “Boom Clap!” – maybe that makes it a little more descriptive.
Some of the artists in this mix have been making great music for a long time already. When I recently had the chance to see Digitalism live (worth seeing, by the way!) I remembered that they already released their first single in 2005.
And they are not even the oldest artist in this mix. Carl Cox has been a DJ since the early nineties, the same is true for Ian Pooley , or Der Dritte Raum. Even though Der Dritte Raum just released their new album (which I also really enjoy) I decided to include one of their biggest successes “Trommelmaschine” (German for drum machine) of which Alexander Kowalski has made a cool remix. I find it amazing that these guys have been making music for so long and are still active and relevant.
There are also some newer artists in this mix including the amazing Gesaffelstein or the Dutch newcomer Sandrien. Sandrien’s “I Left My Girlfriend In A Club” has really grown on me – I thought it was just a simple Techno track when I heard it first but I learnt to really appreciate its hypnotic and strong drive.
- Gesaffelstein – Atmosphere
- Juliet Sikora, King Brain – All Day, All Night, Non Stop
- Arjun Vagale – Black Strobe
- Oliver Koletzki – Iyewaye
- Der Dritte Raum – Trommelmaschine (Alexander Kowalski Reconstruction Remix)
- Ian Pooley – Celtic Cross (Len Faki remix)
- Sandrien – I Left My Girlfriend In a Club
- Carl Cox – Time for House Music
- Presslaboys – Boys Dont Smile
- Ramiro Lopez, Coyu – 1, 2, 3… Fire (Bontan Remix)
- Mauro Picotto, Riccardo Ferri – New Time New Place (Dosem Remix)
- Surgeon – Search
- Digitalism – Power Station
- Michael Mayer – Heiden