When thinking about the word “Disco”, most people probably think of that sound and style from the 70s.
So is Disco the sound of the past? I don’t think so.
Actually, Disco is quite alive and still is a big inspiration for many producers today. The most prominent example of this are probably Daft Punk who made it very clear with their last album that Disco is a huge inspiration for them.
It’s also fascinating to see that Giorgio Moroder – one of the Disco heroes of the 70s – is still very much alive and recently released a new album.
It doesn’t stop here. Plenty of younger producer who probably were not even born during the 70s clearly show how Disco can and should sound today. You will find some of them in this mix. Open your heart and enjoy!
- Sexy Maserati – Babyman
- The Chemical Brothers feat. Q-Tip – Go (Edge Of Control Dub)
- Dunn/Massey – Red Room Disco (4am At Homoelectric mix)
- Platinum Doug – Californian Knight (Original Mix)
- Daniel Avery/The Deadstock 33s – Autumn
- AKA AKA & Thalstroem – True (feat. Chasing Kurt)
- Hugobeat – If I (Original Mix)
- Wild Culture & Karmin – Sugar (Club Edit)
- Macchina Nera – Gaeng Baeng
- Passenger 10 – Give Me Joy (Me & My Toothbrush Remix)
- Platinum Doug – Play with Me (Original Mix)
- Joywave – Tongues (Giorgio Moroder Remix)
- Andhim – Boy Boy Boy (Panda Remix)
- Deckard – The Warriors (Deckard rework)
- Daft Punk – Giorgio by Moroder