I have never been a bigroom DJ. I did have the opportunity to play to big crowds a few times in my DJ career, but I always felt that I have played my best sets in small or medium-sized clubs.
However, most of the tracks in this mix probably work best when played on a big soundsystem in a big club or at an open air festival – but they still have the edginess and roughness that I like in good club tracks. You will find cheesy melodies and epic breaks, but also wobbling synths, rough cuts, glitches and banging beats in this mix. It will make you dance, bang your head and show your middle finger to everyone who doesn’t understand. It is a big, mean badass of a mix – and I like it a lot.
I would particularly like to highlight the two tracks by James Egbert in this mix. He is currently one of my favorite producers – especially because he is one of the few producers who actually change the tempo in the track. This has become quite rare in dance music, but it makes his tracks very dynamic. Just listen to his masterpiece “Chopper”, and you will understand what I mean.
- Wolfgang Gartner – Illmerica
- Deadmau5 & Wolfgang Gartner – Channel 42
- Schoolboy, James Egbert – All Systems Go (Original Mix)
- Utku S. – Turbo (Original Mix)
- Skrillex – Bug Hunt (Noisia Remix)
- Jay Jacob, Porn Stars – Time To Party (FTampa Remix)
- Zedd – Stars Come Out (Original Mix)
- Divkid – Inflated (Jamie Berry Remix)
- Feed Me – Death By Robot (Original Mix)
- Daft Punk – Doin’ it right (Yoonbell Remix)
- Neelix – Disco Decay (Felguk Mix)
- DJ Fei Long – Body Heat (Titanoz Remix)
- James Egbert – Chopper (Original Mix)