Fascinated by the differences and analogies between UK’s variety of genres, I found out for myself that the most amazing thing about all of them is the beat. Based on dub and syncope rhythms, there are always these breaks and preeminent percussions. I think the whole UK Bass music is the closest one to the origins of music at all: Africa!
In this mix I wanted to mix up the variety of a bunch of different styles of Uk’s Bass music (ok, there are two artists from the USA) and tried to show that they have a lot of references. Enjoy the travel through beats, drums and percussions!
- Kuhn – Slime Beach
- Sepalcure – Pencil Pimp
- Kode 9 + The Space Ape – Otherman
- Ramadanman – Don’t Change For Me
- Joy Orbison – so derobe
- Crazy Bold Heads – First Born
- Machinedrum – Fantastix
- Kuhn – Back n Forth
- DRC Music – Customs (Mux Mool Rmx)
- Shigeto – There is always hope
- Lusine – Gravity
- Sepalcure – See me feel me
- Joy O – Sicko Cell
- Boddika – 2727