It was about time to break some barriers. I am talking about the barriers in my head: I had been playing too many single-style, single-tempo recently, and this created a barrier that didn’t let me think about other ways to compile music.
In a way, this mix is about tearing down musical barriers. It’s also about combining rough, diverse sounds into a set that still feels as if those tracks were meant to be played together. From Dubstep to Maximal Electro to Drumstep – this mix is probably one of the most dynamic sets I’ve ever recorded.
This mix kicks off with a Dubstep remix of the (in)famous Nyan Cat. It’s truly amazing how many remixes, mashups and variations there are based on this simple video!
I also used a couple of tracks by Skrillex here. I have to admit I had really underestimated the guy. I though he was just some guy who makes noisy music – but he actually got the rare talent to stay in control of the noise and alternate between sweet melodies and distorted synthesizers.
- Alex S. – Nyan Cat (Dubstep Remix)
- Skrillex – Scary Monsters And Nice Sprites
- Example – Kickstarts (Bar 9 remix)
- Midnight Conspiracy – Discord (Tolgar Remix)
- Skrillex – First of the Year (Equinox)
- Crookers – No Security (feat. Kelis)
- Nneka – Heartbeat (Chase&Status Remix)
- Fatboy Slim – Ya Mama (Push The Tempo) (Moguai Remix)
- Marteria – Endboss (Deichkind St Pauli RMX)
- Skullee – Fothamucka (Original Mix)
- Atari Teenage Riot – Activ8 (Remix)
- Skrillex – Kill Everybody
- The Chemical Brothers – Hey Boy Hey Girl (Far Too Loud Re-fix)
- Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince – Boom Shake The Room (Kanji Kinetic Remix)
- Phrenik – Bass Rocker
- Rusko feat. Amber Coffman – Hold On (Sub Focus Remix)
Image: Interaura // CC-by-nc-sa