The combination of darkness and romance has fascinated people for centuries. You can find this in almost all art forms, and while vampire stories are probably the most prominent example of this combination, you can also find this in music.
For this mix, I wanted to select tracks that sound dark, but that are also melodic so that they sound somewhat more human than most electronic music tracks.
The mix starts with Jade’s “The Fool”, a track that truly stands out from his other productions to me. I asked him about this track when I interviewed Jade a couple of weeks ago, and he told me that there is story behind this track, but he doesn’t want to talk about it…
I was somewhat suprised to find that The Human League are still active. They are best known for their 80s hit “Don’t You Want Me”, and I wasn’t aware that there was more to discover here. However, “Night People” is a very nice piece of electronic pop music and certainly deserves some attention on the dance floors.
I also included one of my own productions in this mix. It’s called “Drone” , and it’s just a simple, dark Techno track, I thought it fit so well in this mix that I used it. If you like this track, you can listen to it and download it here:
- Jade – The Fool
- The Human League – Night People (Cerrone Club Mix)
- The Knife – Pass This On (Dahlbäck Remix)
- Vein Cat – When She Moves (MiD Remix)
- Marvis – Drone
- No.Not.Never – Cold Hearted
- Renegado – Renegado
- Pendulum – The Island (Steve Angello AN21 Max Vangeli Remix)
- Siriusmo – Einmal in der Woche schreien
- Röyksopp – Tricky Tricky (Insinio Remix)
- Waldorf – Get Ready For Your Last Dance
- I Blame Coco – Self Machine (Chew Fu Remix)