Initially, I’d like to mention that this is my first ever strictly digital dj-set using Traktor Scratch Pro, 2 Technics-MK-2, Pioneer DJM-600 & Traktor Kontrol X-1. Although I have ever since been really vinyl addicted I have to admit that this will obviously be the future of mixing. Why? Because there are nearly no boundaries! Why constrain myself?
And it´s my first ever downbeat-set for the public audience. This is inspired by some of the most outstanding producers at present such Jon Hopkins – setting him apart – such as aka Kieran Hebden, tNicolas Jaar with his new LP “Space Is Only Noise”.
I´ve been into Downbeats for a very long time now, but it´s never been an aim to really step behind the decks to do a mix with those tunes. For me it´s always been more the listening pleasure. Well, some time is always the first time and this is today.
Enjoy this little piece. Your feedback – as always – is much appreciated.
- nicolas jaar – space is only noise
- nicoals jaar – keep me there
- nicolas jaar – too many kids finding rain in the dust
- four tet – untangle
- altrice – siphon away
- jon hopkins – vessel
- the chap – even your friend (teengirl fantasy rmx)
- altrice – peace of mind
- altrice – we are not forever
- four tet – you could ruin my day
- four tet – reversing
- four tet – love cry (kieran hebden rmx)
- caribou – bowls (holden rmx)
- kieran hebden steve reid – rythm dance