I really dig Drum&Bass, especially the melodic kind that some call “Liquid Funk”. I just like all the little details in the music and the raw energy that drives it. Also, I recently went to a great Drum&Bass party recently that reminded me of those effects. Sometimes I just need such a reminder, and the result is this mix:
“The Flute Tune” is an older track by the Cologne-based duo J-Cut and Kolt Siewerts. I had already interviewed J-Cut (a.k.a. Jaycut) earlier, and the party that I mentioned was organised by them. By the way, there is a recent remix of “The Flute Tune” that you can download for free.
“My House” by Australian-based producer/DJ Q Bik was a true Drum&Bass hit in 2009, and he is still very active and touring around the world. I am already in touch with him, and you can expect an exclusive interview with him on Sweet Headache very soon.
I would also like to highlight DJ Fresh‘s “Golddust” as this is close to the definition of the sound that I like the most right now – and his other productions are awesome, too!
- J-Cut & Kolt Siewerts – The Flute Tune
- Stakka Bo – Here We Go (Gimbal & Sinan Remix)
- Danny Byrd & Liquid – Sweet Harmony
- Q Bik – My House
- Grum – Heartbeats (DJ Stanza Remix)
- Dirty Dubsters – Good Fine Time (Dubsters DnB Swing mix)
- Fatboy Slim – The Rockafeller Skank (Mulder’s Urban Takeover Remix)
- Shy FX & T Power Feat. Di – Shake Your Body
- Unknown – Bitter Boy
- DJ Fresh – Golddust