I named this mix after a cartoon series that I used to love as a child. If I watched Saber Rider today, that would probably destroy all fond childhood memories because it was made for 10-year-olds, but discovering the remix of the opening theme by dummejungs did bring a smile to my face.
I decided to mix some House classics into this otherwise very rough mix to sweeten it a little.
While “Conga” is probably one of those songs that I was mostly forced to play, Phil Fuldner’s “Miami Pop” is actually one of my mainstream House favorites. There is even a 2010 re-release of this track, but judging from the preview I don’t think I need this.
Skrillex seems to be a shooting star right now. Not only did he manage to get the first Dubstep track into Beatport’s overall Top 10, but he also excels in various styles including Fidget House, Electro House and Dubstep. Respect!
The Mass Brothers are a similarly flexible duo, and I was lucky to win a copy of their Time2Rock EP on embee music, a nice electronic music blog(in German). Their style is also very rough, and together with Skrillex, they could be a first sign that this the US seem to become a good source of this kind of music – which is surprising to me because I had thought this to be a style dominated by french artists.
- Dummejungs – Saber Rider
- Madonna – Hung Up
- Give Me a Kiss – Sweet Anarchy (No1Else Remix)
- Deadbots – Girl On Fire
- Deadmau5 & W. Gartner vs. Technotronic & DAG – Pump Up The Animal Rights (Bladrunner Bootleg Mix)
- Skrillex – Kill Everybody
- Porter Robinson – Say My Name
- Da Conga – Conga
- Far Too Loud- You Know The Sound
- Phil Fuldner Works – Miami Pop
- The Mass Brothers – Bubble Jam (Ce.nk Remix)
- Malente – Music Forever (Urchins Remix)