I have always loved the combination of electronic music and Rock, but it’s usually hard to combine those two styles in one DJ set. However, I gave it a try, and created a mix that’s based on Drum&Bass, but also contains some Punk Rock and Heavy Metal songs. The result is certainly not for the faint of heart – but it rocks!
Nerditional information: Pendulum are one of the best examples for combining Rock and electronic music. When they play on stage, they act like a Rock band, but their album tracks are sometimes very electronic. Anyway, they certainly kick ass, so I am not ashamed to include three of their works in this mix. By the way, In Flames is actually a Metal band from Sweden.
Fear Factory have been my favorite Metal band for quite a while. Their sound is very machine-like and influenced by Industrial sounds. They were also among the first Rock bands to cooperate with electronic musicians and released a couple of remixes in 1997 on their album “Remanufacture”.
There’s also one track with German lyrics in this mix (Mankind & Polarity feat. Giana Brotherz – Stick Up). I normally try to avoid this as Sweet Headache is intended for an international audience. However, this track just seemed a natural fit for this kind of sound, and it has a lot or raw energy. If you don’t understand the lyrics, you really don’t miss much. It’s basically just MC Mankind rapping about how great he is and what losers the other MCs are blahblahblah…
- Pendulum – Watercolour
- Enter Shikari – Juggernauts (Nero Remix)
- Bad Religion – Punk Rock Song
- Pendulum feat. In Flames – Self vs. Self
- Sub Focus – Triple X
- Simon V & Telmo A – Tukapy (The Great Bass Warrior)
- System Of A Down – Radio/Video
- Aphrodite – Wobble
- Rage Against The Machine – Wake Up
- Mankind & Polarity feat. Giana Brotherz – Stick Up
- Concord Dawn – Raining Blood
- The Prodigy – Voodoo People (Pendulum Remix)
- Fear Factory – Demanufacture