Many electronic music lovers scoff at pop music for being superficial and cheesy. However, I think there is nothing wrong with good pop music. Big emotions can sometimes only be expressed with epic melodies – and after listening to this mix, I hope you’ll agree.
The Knife is probably one of the most interesting bands in the past few years. Their combination of alien soundscapes, unique vocals and an incomparable stage presence is miles ahead of most electronic producers.
IAMX is a band that I once discovered by accident during a festival. Their dark synth-pop sound would certainly qualify them for a Goth festival, but they still seem to appeal to a broader crowd. They are one of the reasons why I believe that “normal” electronic music and the darker flavors (Dark Wave/EBM/Industrial) are not that much different.
“Voyage Voyage” by Desireless is quite an old track (released in 1987), but I felt it just fit very well with the overall flavor of this mix. It seems that epic synth-pop was a huge thing in the 80s , and it’s good to see that this is still alive.
- Digitalfoxglove feat. Freak You – Beasts And Flowers
- The Knife – Pass This On (Dahlbäck Remix)
- Editors – Papillon
- Desireless – Voyage Voyage (Euro Remix)
- Simian Mobile Disco – Audacity Of Huge
- Sneaky Sound System – It’s Not My Problem (Thin White Duke Remix)
- La Roux – I’m Not Your Toy (Jack Beats Remix)
- IAMX – Spit It Out (Designer Drugs Remix)
- College Feat. Anoraak – Fantasy Park (Moulinex Remix)
- Daft Punk – Digital Love (Algeronics Remix)
- Dragonette – Pick Up The Phone (Arithmatix! Remix)
- The Killers – Mr Brightside (Jacques Lu Cont’s Thin White Duke Remix)