Can old Swing melodies and modern House beats go together? I think they can – and this mix proves it.
- Parov Stelar – Chambermaid Swing
- Der dritte Raum – Swing Bop
- Jeff Doubleu – Foxy Jazz
- Gramophonedzie – Why Don’t You
- Parov Stelar – The Flame
- Coolshop – Trumpet Girl (First Original Mix)
- Basti Grub – Wenn ich an die Kosten denke
- Eule:nhaupt & Molle:nhauer – Candyshock
- Andy Korg feat. Dani Cargo – Sax and Soda
- The Dining Rooms – If I Could (Roland Schwarz & Parov Stelar Remix)
- Caravan Palace – Dragons
Nerditional Information: I was somewhat surprised to learn that there have been quite a few Swing House releases in the past few months and years. I’d even say that this has developed into a sub-genre of its own. Don’t know if this is just a hype, but right now I love it!
Parov Stelar from Austria was the first artist that I heard this style from, and he’s still one of my favorites. Nevertheless, there are also other great Swing House tracks like Gramophonedzie’s “Why Don’t You” that even got into the UK Top 40.
I also would like to mention the Techno veterans of Der Dritte Raum who re-created their 1998 classic “Hale Bopp” and gave it a strong Swing flavor. I wouldn’t have thought that Techno could translate to Swing that well!Image: http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnferum/2245705271/ // CC-by-nc-nd