Inspired by a hilarious video (see above), I wanted to create a mix that showed some Techno cliché. Obviously, I disagree with the statements in the video, but I certainly know what he means. Don’t we all?
However, if you take this mix without any irony, you can still enjoy it as a solid Tech-House mix.
- Steve Porter – Henry Rollins vs. The Techno Viking
- John Dahlbäck – Blink
- DJ Fame, Santiago & Bushido – For The People
- Lars Sommerfeld – Sundowner
- Fisherspooner – The Best Revenge (Autokratz Righteous Retribution Mix)
- Jamie Fisher – The Calm Before The Storm (Club Mix)
- DJ Thee-O and Barry Weaver – Social Anxiety (Ben Coda Remix)
- Swen Weber – Maya
- Daft Punk – Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger (Deadmau5 Remix)
- Yoshimoto – Do What U Do
- Pascal and Pearce – Mooines
Nerditional Information: The Techno Viking is an internet phenomenon that grew from a video of a long-haired guy who was filmed dancing on a techno parade. I don’t really know how the original video got popular, but you can find dozens of references and mashups on that – including the video shown above.
There are a couple of older tracks in this mix, including Yoshimotos 2006 hit “Do What U Do” and one of the gazillion remixes of Daft Punk’s “Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger”. I included it because I think Deadmau5 is a great producer and remixer and he always manages to put something special and non-obvious into a remix.
The track “Social Anxiety” is a release from Jetlag Digital, one of my 2009 favories . I hesitated for a minute if I should really include this here: To me, this track has a somewhat different atmosphere and less Techno cliché than the other tracks, but it still is a great, straight and deep dance track.
Oh, and check out Swen Weber! I only know a few of his productions, but all of those rock.