This mix is hard-beating, fast-cutting and takes no prisoners – just like a ninja. I selected some truly banging tracks and forced myself to mix faster than usual. Sorry for some transitions being not as smooth as they’re supposed to be, but this level of energy just wouldn’t work with too much planning.
Oh, and by the way, you can also hear my first remix in this set: A dirty house version of “New Noise” by Refused.
- Heads We Dance – The Human Touch (Sideschains Remix)
- La Roux – Bulletproof (Hyper Crush Remix)
- Ladybox – Cookies Fly (Prod. AC Slater & B.Rich)
- Who Da Funk – Shiny Disco Balls (Sex On Monday Remix)
- Jan Delay – Disko (So Called Friend Remix)
- NAPT ft. Louise Marshall – Make My Day (Jack Beats Remix)
- Timid Tiger & Lenny Kravitz – Are You Gonna Go My Way ft. Ludacris & The Notorious BIG
- iPunx – Dizzee Busta
- Shodan & Fatman D – And The Beat Goes (Sonz of Mecha Mix)
- House of Pain vs. Micky Slim – Jump Around
- Refused – New Noise (Sweet Headache Remix)
- The Prodigy – Everybody in the Place (AC Slater Remix)
- Geht’s Noch? – Horny
- Cyberpunkers – I Needed To Go
- SebastiAn – Killing In The Name
Nerditional Information: For the international visitors of this blog, Jan Delay’s “Disko” might sound somewhat strange. Jan Delay is pretty big in Germany and has successfully proven that the German language can actually sound soulful (as in Soul music). The remix I used is a lot rougher than the original though.
I really like the remixes that Hyper Crush release, but I can’t really decide if their own productions are still cool or already too cheesy. Anyway, it’s refreshing to hear some good electronic pop music, and I got a feeling that they’re gonna be big.
Timid Tiger is actually a rather tame-sounding Indie Pop band, and I don’t know why they released such a banging remix of Lenny’s “Are You Gonna Go My Way”. Well, obviously they did, and they did it well.